Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Naked Nails Update


I'd like to thank those of you who commented on my Valentine's post about my precious furbaby, Holden, and my post in PAA on Facebook. Your kind words of sympathy and your personal stories about your own furbaby losses really did help me feel as though I wasn't alone.

Holden ended up passing away in his sleep on Thursday afternoon (EST) and I found out that night at about 11 pm (my time). We didn't get to Skype one last time so I could take in his adorable face for the last time, but it is a blessing that I no longer had to feel guilty that I wouldn't be there to hold him at the vet's office. All in all, he went in his own way on his own time. I've been handling it 1,000 times better than I ever imagined I would because I'm focusing on all of the wonderful memories and just how incredibly blessed I was to be his human. 

Thank you for your kind words from the bottom of my heart. On to the post...


I figured I'd include an updated photo on how my nails are doing being naked all day, (almost) every day...


I've been keeping them pretty short because of the flaking of the free edge. I also still have some of that uneven coloration on the free edge (some parts are solid, others are pretty clear). It's less obvious when the free edge is this short. I feel as though the yellow discoloration has grown out quite a bit, which is great.

I have also been religiously moisturizing my cuticles at least 2-3 times a day since the hiatus. for most of the last month I've been starting with the Develop 10 Cuticle Oil Conditioner and then going over it with the Lemony Flutter. I bought the D10 oil at Sally's about a year ago. I haven't really felt like it was benefiting me any and trying to apply it using this large bottle was just messy. Yesterday I purchased the p2 One Drop Fitness Oil and the Apricot Nail Care Pen. I appreciate the ease of application with the pen, but the oil seems a bit thin. The Fitness Oil, on the other hand, is a pump and one drop goes a long way. It's thicker, but still absorbs pretty well. I've been using the pen on my left hand and the pump on my right hand to see what difference each makes, but I finish both off with the Lemony Flutter. According to LoodieLoodieLoodie, it's wise to following an oil with a wax because the wax sort of traps the oil in.


Many people rave about Lemony Flutter, but I personally don't enjoy the smell or texture and I don't notice that it helps much. I only have 3 more days of naked nails left, but I may keep it going until all of the yellowing is gone. We will see. I'm itching to paint them, so I may not have the will power. Ha, ha. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment