Monday, October 15, 2012

Jewli's 31 Day Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Day 13 - Yellow

For day 13 I decided to go back and do the yellow nails (believe it or not, the yellow is what inspired these even though they're more blue than yellow). My idea for these was to do a yellow moon mani with a dark blue night sky and stars. I tried using the circle stickers people use to label prices for garage sale items for the moon shape. As you can tell, my first attempt wasn't perfect, but it worked out WAY better than the one and only time I tried to freehand the same thing. I *love* this dark blue color and the stamping turned out pretty well. If I had had more time, I would have freehanded some stars and maybe used a dotting tool, but we were running late to meet a friend. 



Have you done the moon mani yet? Any tips for using the stickers and getting them to lay flat all over?

2 comments:

  1. I love that colour combo. I'm so bad at doing moon mani's. They always turn out crooked or uneven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the combo too. I guess we just get to keep practicing the moons. :)

      Delete